Do You Really Know Syringe Filters?
Syringe filters (also known as filter heads) are widely used in various fields such as food, medicine, environmental protection, the chemical industry, energy, etc., to protect chromatographic instruments and columns from contamination and damage.
Today, I will give you a deep understanding of syringe filters.
Ⅰ. The Applications of Syringe Filters
Sample pre-filtration, clarification to remove particles, liquid and gas sterilization filtration.
1. It is the preferred method for filtering HPLC and GC samples so that the analysis results are stable and continuous.
2. It is suitable for sample preparation, purification pretreatment, biological product preparation, and filtration of liquid samples such as tissue culture medium, microbial medium, buffer solution, etc.
3. Purification and clarification of highly corrosive solutions, filtration of a small number of samples, removal of impurities and precipitation in samples.
Ⅱ. The Features of Syringe Filters
1. The shell is made of hygienic polypropylene material with low dissolution and excellent chemical stability, ultrasonic welding, edge bonding, no leakage, and high-pressure resistance.
2. Using a needle filter is the fastest and most effective way to filter micro sample vials, without changing the membrane and cleaning the filter, saving a lot of time.
3. The standard interface is convenient to connect with various syringes, and it can also be directly related to the needle of the 7725 valves. The sample can be injected directly after filtration.
4. This product has been specially designed to withstand a burst pressure of up to 8 bar.
5. The product adopts an imported high-quality microporous membrane, which has low adsorption to samples and ensures the maximum recovery of small or high-value samples to reduce waste.
Ⅲ. The Benefits of Filtration
1. The performance of the instrument is good;
2. Reduced system downtime;
3. Extend the life of the chromatographic column;
4. Improved sample integrity.
Back to List